Saturday, September 5, 2009

20% of the recorded H1N1 deaths have occurred within the past week. Which is especially note worthy because countries haven't been obligated to report cases or deaths for the last little while.

Personally, I'm not worried. But I never thought this would actually get so big. Projections place the number of ill at a third of the world's population. I wonder if the university is going to get hit. That really wouldn't be a blast for us in residence.

I went to see 300 yesterday. They play free movies sometimes in the conference rooms here in the Lister Centre. Only ten of us showed up, and it wasn't the best movie. Alright acting. Alright plot. The fight scenes were frequent, and great to watch. One thing I noticed was the strong Spartan identity amongst the characters - the fact that they were Spartans was the source of their strength. It was a big put-on at times, but interesting to observe. I don't want to spoil the end, but it didn't make sense to me, considering how much of a tank their force is before then.

I also went to the Drama Department Loading Dock party yesterday. Joel and Maddie introduced me to people they knew. Joel and I were going to sing If I Had $1000000 for the Karaoke, but some other guys sang that song after we signed up so we switched it to Take Me Out (By Franz Ferdinand) but they didn't put our marker back in the lineup. Then they cut Joel off of Karaoke so we didn't even get to go up. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment